The Florida State University (FSU) Career Center strives for open access and connections between students and employers. The FSU Career Center’s SeminoleLink job posting database is provided free of charge to employers and to job seekers. The FSU Career Center abides by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice.
The FSU Career Center makes no representations or guarantees about positions posted in SeminoleLink, positions posted on external websites linked from the Career Center website (/Resources/Career-Center-Library), or positions highlighted via Career Center social media accounts. We do not perform background checks on individuals applying for jobs, nor on employers posting job opportunities. Employers and job seekers are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and overall fit between the employer and the applicant. Job seekers are urged to carefully review job postings and use caution and common sense when applying. Do not disclose social security numbers, credit card information, or bank account numbers to unknown employers.
The FSU Career Center is committed to providing privacy of personal information for our clients, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Although the FSU Career Center maintains ownership of all student and alumni profile data and résumés in SeminoleLink, résumés and profiles of students and alumni participating in any of these services reside on the NACELink servers. There is a local résumé database in which students and alumni will have the option to place their résumé. These are known as résumé books and we share these only with employers who join our Partner program. Employers may also request résumés through our Seminole Profiles résumé referral service (screened by major, overall GPA, graduation date, work authorization, etc.).
The Career Center will not disclose a client’s protected information to third parties or government agencies, without consent, unless required by law. Client and employer information from SeminoleLink may be used to construct aggregate reports that assist the FSU Career Center in program planning for statistical reports or to inform clients of services and programs of interest. This information may also be used to troubleshoot problems and is accessible only to FSU Career Center staff. Information routinely shared with parties outside of the FSU Career Center is shared only in aggregate form.
If you have any questions about the privacy statement, please contact the FSU Career Center at 850-644-0796 or email@example.com .
By registering with SeminoleLink, students and alumni who use the system are agreeing to allow the personal and professional information they provide (e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address, degree(s), etc.), to be accessed by the FSU Career Center.
Students and alumni using SeminoleLink consent that information found in their account profiles, résumés, cover letters and other relevant documents is truthful and accurately represents both their education and experience. Students making false statements regarding their education and/or experience can be subject to discipline under the Florida State University Student Conduct Code. The FSU Career Center may deny and/or remove access rights for students and alumni that do not support the policies and procedures of the University.
The FSU Career Center makes no recommendation regarding employers, and makes every effort to approve legitimate job opportunities. While the Career Center works diligently to monitor jobs, occasionally postings may occur that are fraudulent.
Here are some good tips to identify a job that is probably a scam:
- You must give your credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents - but you get nothing in writing.
- You must send payment by wire service or courier.
- You are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account - often for depositing checks or transferring money.
- You receive an unexpectedly large check.
If you view a job posting that matches these characteristics please contact the Career Center at 850.644.4023 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Privacy Information
Collection of Information
Some areas of our website collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Authentication: Programs that require registration utilize a login name and password to authenticate returning users.
- Identification: Some forms on our website ask for personal information such as your name and email address, so that we can respond to a request or question. Such information is voluntary unless otherwise noted on the form. However, not providing any contact information may make it impossible for us to respond personally to you.
- Statistical Usage: Some pages on our website may record your computer's IP address and information about your web browser, in order to provide statistical data on the use of this website. This information is used in aggregate form and does not personally identify you.