Collection of Information
Some areas of our website collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Authentication: programs that require registration utilize a login name and password to authenticate returning users.
- Identification: some forms on our website ask for personal information such as your name and email address, so that we can respond to a request or question. Such information is voluntary unless otherwise noted on the form. However, not providing any contact information may make it impossible for us to respond personally to you.
- Statistical Usage: some pages on our website may record your computer's IP address and information about your web browser, in order to provide statistical data on the use of this website. This information is used in aggregate form, and does not personally identify you.
Use of Personal Information
The Career Center does not provide your personal information to third parties unless:
- You request this, by specifically making your information available to others. This includes: participating in the Seminole Profiles resume referral program, submitting application materials online to a specific employer, placing a resume in a resume book, volunteering with the ProfessioNole career network, asking us to send your credentials file to a third party, giving someone an access key to your Career Portfolio, posting a job notice, or requesting a booth at one of our career expositions.
- We need to provide your information to a third party to facilitate your participation in a program or service you have requested.
The Career Center does not sell personal contact information of students, alumni, employers or anyone else.
Some links on the Career Center website go to external resources, not under our control. External websites may have different privacy practices.