The Career Center is here to help all FSU students and has many online resources available to assist distance learners with career exploration and planning. We provide many career services to you from a distance, but we also welcome you to visit The Career Center if you are ever in the Tallahassee area!
Services of Special Interest
- Use The Career Platform to boost your employability skills by viewing videos on important career development topics, such as personal branding, job search strategies, networking and more!
- Participate in Skype or phone mock interviews from a distance.
- Have your resume, cover letter, and other job search/career-related documents critiqued from a distance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Live chat with Career Center staff for more information about events and services.
- Become a member of the Garnet and Gold Scholar Society and shape your experience at Florida State.
- Prepare for the working world with the Career Portfolio , a free, online resource which helps you document your skills and accomplishments.
- Register to participate in the Virtual Career Fair for SEC & ACC Universities hosted in April. Learn more here .
Locate websites dedicated to career issues, including occupational information, career and life planning resources, education and training, employment leads, employment directories, and job search skills and methods through The Career Center’s Library Links Online Career Library and 35 Career Planning and Job Search Guides , which are designed to assist you in career planning, employment strategies, and the job search process.
Jobs Postings and More in SeminoleLink powered by Handshake
SeminoleLink powered by Handshake is available to all FSU students – it’s an online connection to explore all things related to your career and job search! Upload your resume in SeminoleLink powered by Handshake to access and take advantage of the job search, career exploration, and networking tools.
Job Search Tools
- Job Listings – Identify internship, full-time, and part-time opportunities.
- NACELink Network – Search aggregate job listings from online job search sites.
- ResumeBuilder – Create an online resume and have it evaluated through a video resume critique.
- Newsletters & Announcements – Receive email notifications with Career Center events.
- CareerShift – Search potential job opportunities by job title, company name, keywords, or location from every career site and job board.
- GoinGlobal – Explore country career guides, international job postings, and internship listings, and access more than 400,000 country-specific company profiles.
- Career Explorer – Research occupations by popular careers, leading industries, or keywords.
- Career Finder – Explore your interests and how they relate to the working world.
- Employer Database – Search thousands of employer profiles by industry, location, or keyword.
- ProfessioNole Mentors – The ProfessioNole Mentors program offers students the chance to reach out to professionals throughout the community, country, and world and learn more about their field’s industry demands, career expectations, job outlook, and employment opportunities. Both alumni and friends of the University participate in ProfessioNole Mentors and make themselves available for student inquiries.
Connect with The Career Center through our social media pages! Network with alumni and recruiters, and stay up-to-date with Career Center workshops and events through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Tip – Check out The Career Center’s YouTube channel to find short, 10-minute videos on Writing a Resume, Networking and Social Media, Interviewing Preparation, and Backpack to Briefcase.