The Education and Library Career Fair is an opportunity to interact and connect with recruiters from various educational, school district, and library organizations. Learn about the State of Florida teacher certification process, FSU teacher education programs, and explore internship and full-time opportunities!
May 2, 2018
Oglesby Union Ballrooms
12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
List of participating employers available at a later date.
Becoming a Teacher (for non-educational graduates)
Oglesby Union Room 312 | 10 - 10:30 a.m.
Teacher Certification & Employment in Florida (for graduates of state-approved programs)
Oglesby Union Room 312 | 10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Oglesby Union Ballrooms | 12 - 2:30 p.m.
Prepare for Career Fairs
Create a Strong Resume
- Have your resume critiqued at The Career Center.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume.
Prepare Your Elevator Speech
Your elevator speech is your quick, personal-selling statement. This 30-second pitch should help make a good first impression. Include your name, major, and classification, as well as your interest in the organization or the position. Be sure to ask a relevant question to the recruiter.
- Identify employers you want to talk to before the event.
- Research positions listed and develop questions for them.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors, such as navy blue, black, or gray.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed dress shoes.
- Skirts should be at least knee-length.
- Keep your hairstyle simple, jewelry minimal, and facial hair groomed.
For additional tips on mastering a career fair, see our Preparing for a Career Fair guide.
The Career Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (850) 644-6431 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.