The Career Center at Florida State University welcomes and embraces our communities multiple cultural identities. The resources below are intended to assist you with making informed career decisions that honor your values and overall identity development.
Your engagement on-campus and in the workforce provides both yourself and your colleagues opportunities to develop intercultural competencies which appeal to numerous employers. As you browse through these compiled resources, reflect on how they may assist you in your efforts to market your diversity and inclusion strengths.
The Maximizing Your Diversity Quick Guide has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.
FSU Career Center Resources
The Maximizing Your Diversity module has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.
Additional Resources include:
- Career Guide - Studying Abroad
- Career Guide - Working Abroad: Employment Outside the United States
- Quick Guide - Working Abroad
FSU On-Campus Resources
Job Search & Career Decision Making Resources
- ImDiversity.com - dedicated to providing career and self-development information to all minorities, specifically African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans and Women. The goal of IMDiversity.com is to provide you with access to the largest database of equal opportunity employers committed to workplace diversity.
- Corporate Minority, free career resource platform dedicated to providing minority groups helpful and essential resources needed to succeed in the professional world.
- Diversity Jobs - source for diversity jobs, recruiting/hiring minority executives, managers and professionals.
- Black Enterprise - premier business news source for African Americans since 1970. Provides key business information for researching companies as well as position searching platform. Also featured B.E.s 100. The top 100 black-owned/managed businesses. They have them divided by industry and the newer organizations to the list.
- Div2000.com/Muticultural eBusiness Solutions - Career development website that posts jobs and internships for large corporations and small businesses. Emphasis upon companies that value diversity recruitment. Provides job-searching capabilities.
- Diversity Central - Resources for fostering cultural diversity in the workplace, especially in the business world.
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE) - Develops initiatives for the educational advancement of Hispanic college students and provides opportunities in professional and managerial positions.
- Jopwell - The leading career advancement platform for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals.
- Minority Professional Network Career Resources - Career Development and enhancement resources for minorities including job postings, resume development, and career events.