Start your semester off right with a part-time job! Meet with representatives from local employers and on-campus departments who want to hire you for their part-time employment opportunities. Access the list of participating employers here.
To learn tips for virtual career fair preparation, etiquette, registration and more click here.
January 14, 2021
10AM - 2PM (EST)
The Part-Time Job Fair is co-sponsored by the Student Government Association, the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, Big Bend SHRM, FSU SHRM, Big Bend Minority Chamber of Commerce, and the FSU Center for Human Resource Management.
Prepare for Career Fairs
Steps to Prepare for Virtual Fairs
- Follow these instructions for virtual fair for tips on registration, preparation, etiquette and more!
Create a Strong Resume
- Have your resume critiqued at The Career Center.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume.
Prepare Your Elevator Speech
Your elevator speech is your quick, personal-selling statement. This 30-second pitch should help make a good first impression. Include your name, major, and classification, as well as your interest in the organization or the position. Be sure to ask a relevant question to the recruiter.
- Identify employers you want to talk to before the event.
- Research positions listed and develop questions for them.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors, such as navy blue, black, or gray.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed dress shoes.
- Skirts should be at least knee-length.
- Keep your hairstyle simple, jewelry minimal, and facial hair groomed.
For additional tips on mastering a career fair, see our Preparing for a Career Fair guide.
The Career Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (850) 644-6431 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.