The Career Center Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer service and leadership experience that provides students the opportunity to serve as representatives of the Career Center. Ambassadors act as a valuable source of information and strengthen the Career Center’s engagement with the FSU community on a peer-to-peer level.
What Does an Ambassador Do?
- Market and promote Career Center events and services
- Volunteer at career fairs
- Participate in outreach activities (tablings, presentations)
- Host employer visits (information sessions, interview days)
Why Be an Ambassador?
- Significant leadership experience
- Network with students, employers and staff
- Enhance your resume and boost your professional presence
- Opportunity to make an impact of students' college experience
- Commit at least two full semesters (Fall 2019 & Spring 2020)
- Maintain minimum GPA of 2.75
- Available for Mandatory Training Session - August 24th
- Available for Mandatory Professional Development Sessions - Wednesdays 9:05-9:55 AM
All training and professional development session dates are provided in advance and all Ambassadors are expected to attend.
The Application Process
Ambassadors are recruited and selected at the end of the spring semester for the following school year. Students must submit an application and resume through Handshake in order to be considered for the program. All applicants are required to attend an information session. Spring 2019 Information Sessions are scheduled for:
- Tuesday February 26th: 2 - 3 PM | Dunlap Success Center 2201/2202
- Wednesday, February 27th: 1 - 2 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Thursday, February 28th: 5 - 6: PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Friday, March 1st: 9:30 - 10:30 AM | Dunlap Success Center 2208
- Monday, March 11th: 9:30 - 10:30 AM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Tuesday, March 12th 11 AM - 12 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Thursday, March 14th: 4:30 - 5:30 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006