The Career Center has many online resources available including career prep and advising, resources, and recognition programs.
Virtual Career Advising
The Career Center provides the option for non-Tallahassee based students to participate in career advising appointments. These services are provided by Career Center staff members who are committed to providing quality career planning assistance to all students. Meet with a Career Advisor via zoom Monday-Friday from 9:00-4:30 (closed on Fridays from 1:30-2:30) or meet with your industry specific Career Liaison.
Document critiques via Canvas (resume, cover letter, or other career-related documents) are available by submitting your document draft for staff to review. This virtual service is for alumni, distance learners, and FSUPC students. Drop your documents here.
ProfessioNole Ready teaches students about the professional skills valued by employers in the workforce, graduate or professional school programs, and other post-graduation plans. ProfessioNole Ready is a self-guided online professional development series with interactive learning activities that will help you build the skills employers want. With 14 career modules available to explore, ranging from resumes and interviewing to professional communication, participants have the flexibility to choose which topics best meet their needs.
NoleNetwork is available to all FSU students – it’s an online connection to explore all things related to your career and job search! Upload your resume in NoleNetwork to access and take advantage of the job search, career exploration, and networking tools.
Candid Career Videos provides access to quick video tips from employers and professionals about the job/internship search and career readiness
Internship Housing Information offers information to support your search for temporary internship housing.
ProfessioNole Mentors program offers students the chance to reach out to professionals throughout the community, country, and world and learn more about their field’s industry demands, career expectations, job outlook, and employment opportunities. Both alumni and friends of the University participate in ProfessioNole Mentors and make themselves available for student inquiries.
The Career Center’s Library Links Online Career Library and Career Planning and Job Search Guides, which are designed to assist you in career planning, employment strategies, and the job search process. Locate websites dedicated to career issues, including occupational information, career and life planning resources, education and training, employment leads, employment directories, and job search skills.
- Participate in zoom or phone mock interviews.
- Become a member of the Garnet and Gold Scholar Society and shape your experience at Florida State.
- Prepare for the working world with the Career Portfolio, a free, online resource which helps you document your skills and accomplishments.
- Join a ProfessioNole Pathway to access your folio and display the skills you have to potential employers.
- Find your Career Center liaison. Liaisons may be able to help you connect quickly to additional Career Center resources.
- Connect with The Career Center through our social media pages! Network with alumni and recruiters, and stay up-to-date with Career Center workshops and events through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Tip – Check out The Career Center’s YouTube channel to find short, 10-minute videos on Writing a Resume, Networking and Social Media, Interviewing Preparation, and Backpack to Briefcase.
Contact your Career Center liaison!