ACA (American Counseling Association) Conference
- Hayden, S. C. W., Lenz, J. G., Sampson, J. P., Jr., & Dozier, V. C. (2018, April). Cognitive information processing: Bridging the gap between career and mental health. Presentation at the American Counseling Association Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Osborn, D. S., Belle, J., & McCain, S. (2016). Career and Mental Health. Presentation at the American Counseling Association. Montreal, CA.
- Osborn, D., Sampson, J. P., Lenz, J. G., Dozier, V. C.,& Hayden, S. (2015, March). Career and mental health counseling: Integrating theory, research, and practice. Presentation at the American Counseling Association. Orlando, FL.
- Cantonis, A., Kronholz, J., Osborn, D., Finklea, T., & Belle, J. (2015, March). Discover your APPtitude: Exploring new technologies to enhance counseling service. Poster presentation at the American Counseling Association. Orlando, FL.
- Hayden. S. (2012, November). Counseling for military personnel and veterans with disabilities [Webinar]. In American Counseling Association (ACA) Webinar.
FloridaACE (Florida Association of Colleges & Employers) Conference
- Gemmer, K., & Mille, L. (2018, June). Career Center Marketing: Increase Reach While Cutting Costs. Presentation given at Florida Association of Colleges & Employers (FloridaACE) Annual Conference.
- Mille, L. & Peters, A. (2017, July). Development and administration of a career clothing closet. Presentation given at Florida Association of Colleges & Employers (FloridaACE) Annual Conference, Tampa, FL.
- Lenz. J. G., Sampson J. P., Jr., Peterson. G. W., Reardon. R. C. (2012, February). Applying Cognitive Information Processing Theory to Career Counseling and Services. Presentation at Florida Career Development Association.
IAEVG (International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance) International Conference
- Kettunen, J., Vuorinen, R., & Sampson, J. P. (2015, August). Varying understandings of social media and competency for social media in career services. Presentation at the IAEVG International Conference, Tsukuba, Japan.
- Sampson J. P., Jr. (2014, June). Ethical considerations of ICT Integration in careers practice. Presentation at the Symposium entitled, â€œIntegration of ICT within Career Development & Guidance Practiceâ€ at the IAEVG International Conference in Guidance and Career Development, Quebec City, Canada.
- Sampson. J. P. Jr. (2012, October). Ethical issues associated with information and communication technology in guidance. Presentation at the Symposium entitled, "Ethical Standards of IAEVG: How can Ethics in Guidance Respond to the Challenges of a Changing World?" at the IAEVG International Conference in Career Guidance for Social Justice. Mannheim, Germany -
- Lenz, J., Reardon. R., & Osborn. D. (2012, October). Providing career and mental assistance to a diverse population: Using theory to Inform practice. Presentation at the IAEVG International Conference. Mannheim, Germany -
- Lenz, J. G., Brown, S., Nassar-McMillan, S., Reardon, R. C., Sampson, J. P., & Niles, S. (2009, June). Examining cognitive career theories: Current status, future trends, and implications for the development and implementation of guidance services. Presentation at IAEVG International Conference, International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance, JyvÃ¤skylÃ¤, Finland.
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Conference
- Dowling, T. & Hoover, M. (2015, June) Insights Into an Innovative Response to Performance-Based Funding Initiatives. Presentation at National Association of Colleges and Employers. Anaheim, CA.
- Kennelly, E. & Roark, K. (2020, June). Behind the Build: Designing a Low Cost Career Readiness Platform for Any Students, Anywhere. Presentation at National Association of Colleges and Employers. 2020 Virtual Conference
- Hoover, M. P., & Stallings, E. L. (2018, June 5). Managing the Chaos of Recruitment and Supervision, to Increase Retention of Professional Staff in Career Services: A Cognitive Information Processing Approach [Conference presentation]. NACE 2018 Conference & Expo, New Orleans, LA, United States.
NCDA (National Career Development Association) Global Conference
Click here for a full list of NCDA Presentations, grouped by year.
Other Invited Lectures
Osborn. D. (2019, July ). Cognitive Information Processing Theory: Applying Theory and Research to Practice. International workshop delivered at CERIC (Advancing Career Development in Canada), Webinar.
- Osborn. D. (2017, May). Cognitive Information Processing Theory (CIP) in Action. Presentation at Ohio Career Development Association.
- Dowling, T. & Hollis, M. (2017, April) Recruit, Train & Retain Experiential Learning Professionals. Presentation at Cooperative Education & Internship Association. Denver, CO.
- Osborn. D. (2015, June). Creative connectivity: Exploring tomorrow land's technology today. Presentation at Tennessee Career Development Association.
- Kettunen. J. , Vuorinen . R., & Sampson. J. P. Jr. (2013). Career practitioners' ways of experiencing social media in career services. Presentation at the Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) Conference. Sydney, Australia.
- Sampson, J. P. (2010, November). What do we know about the digital age: A global perspective. Keynote presentation at Annual Careers Summit, Institute of Career Guidance, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Sampson, J. P., & Vuorinen, R. (2012, September). Models for Designing and Using Distance Guidance. Presentation in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Sampson J. P., & Vuorinen . R. (2012, September). Using Information and Communication Technology to Integrate Face-to-Face and Distance Guidance. Presentation in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Sampson, J. P. (2003, February). Developing Needs-Based Services Using the Cognitive Information Processing (CIP) Approach. Presentation at National IAG Conference, Information, Advice and Guidance, Blackpool, England.
- Sampson J. P., Jr. (2003, February). Developing Needs-Based Services Using the Cognitive Information Processing (CIP) Approach. Presentation at National IAG for Adults Conference.
- Sampson J. P., Jr. (2001, June). Quality and Ethics in Web-Based Guidance: Coping With Change and Stability. Presentation at the 5th European Conference on Information and Communications Technology in Guidance entitled, "Quality and Ethics in Web-Based Guidance", Gothenburg, Sweden.
SVP (Society for Vocational Psychology) Conference
Connecting cognitive information processing theory, research, & practice to career transitions
Bullock-Yowell, E, Osborn, D., Hayden, S., Lenz,J., Sampson, J. Jr.
Using Holland’s theory, the Self-Directed Search, and four other tools in life/career transitions
Reardon, R., & Meyer-Griffith, K.
View the SVP conference book: http://journals.fcla.edu/svp2016/
|Plenary I||Integration of theory, research, and practice: A social cognitive perspective||Lent, R. (2016, May)|
|John L. Holland: Perspectives on theory, research and practice||Reardon, R. C. (2016, May)|
|Counseling for work and relationship||Richardson, M. S. (2016, May)|
|Systems theory framework of career development||McMahon, M., & Patton, W. (2016, May)|
|Plenary II||Applying cognitive information processing theory to
career problem solving and decision making
|Dozier, C., Lenz, J., Osborn, D., Peterson, G.,
Reardon, R., & Sampson, J. (2016, May).
|Plenary III||The role of theory in improving evidence-based career interventions||Fouad, N. (2016, May)|
|What we know and don't know from existing meta analyses of career interventions||Brown, S. (2016, May)|
|Conducting general versus population and setting-specific meta analyses||Whiston, S. (2016, May)|
|Strategies for improving the design and use of meta analyses in evidence-based practice||Becker, B. (2016, May)|
|Fostering collaboration among theoreticians, researchers, and practitioners to develop
|Solberg, S. (2016, May)|
|Plenary IV||The Career Development Quarterly||Duffy, R. (2016, May)|
|Journal of Career Assessment||Gati, I. (2016, May)|
|Journal of Career Development||Flores, L. (2016, May)|
|Journal of Employment Counseling||Furbish, D., & Smith, A. (May, 2016)|
|Journal of Vocational Behavior||Schultheiss, D. (May, 2016)|
|Plenary V||Summary of key points from plenary I||Ali, S. (2016, May)|
|Summary of key points from plenary II||Bullock-Yowell, E. (2016, May)|
|Summary of key elements from plenary III||Rottinghaus, P. (2016, May)|
|Plenary panel IV: A view from the editor's desk||Howard, K. (2016, May)|
|Integrating theory, research, and practice: Lessons learned from the evolution of vocational psychology||Blustein, D. (2016, May)|