ProfessioNole Mentors, one of The Career Center's longest-running signature programs, connects FSU students with Alumni & Friends of Florida State for career advice and guidance.
In 1988, we provided students with professional contacts utilizing a rolodex and index cards. Today, students browse potential mentors located across the globe at the click of a button through a sophisticated online database.
How does the ProfessioNole Mentors program work?
Once the mentee and mentor profiles are fully completed, the ProfessioNole Mentors program matches students to potential mentors by aligning career interests and academic experiences. Conversations are always initiated by students with their selected mentor.
Students - Register as a Student Mentee
We know you have many questions when it comes to your career, such as:
- What is a job or career really like?
- What should I be doing now to prepare for graduate/professional school?
- What paths and options best align with my academic major?
- How do I grow/utilize a professional network for the internship/job search?
Learn more about a career field or interest ranging from industry demands, career expectations, job outlook, employment opportunities, etc.
Alumni & Friends - Register as a ProfessioNole Mentor
Do you have knowledge to share about your career field or industry? We are seeking your career expertise!
Potential student inquiries may be:
- Industry demands and career expectations
- Internship and full-time employment opportunities
- Graduate/Professional school success tips
- Balancing work and family
- Serving in management or leadership roles
- Transitioning from student to employee
Click here to sign up a Mentors account. Select "ProfessioNole Mentor" and complete the registration information. Within two business days your account will be approved. We encourage you to fully complete your profile detailing your collegiate engagement/activities and career path so that your professional expertise is highlighted
Interested parties will contact you directly. You choose how you are contacted, how often you are contacted as well as how many mentees you can work with concurrently.