Do you want to work on campus while also learning valuable skills to prepare you for your future career? The Career Center is excited to offer many student employment and volunteer opportunities including:
Graduate Assistant (GA) Positions
The Career Center offers a number of graduate assistantships, each one associated with various aspects of The Career Center's range of services and programs. Each graduate assistant (GA) will have "unit" specific responsibilities, but are also expected to help with a variety of Career Center activities including Career Fair coverage, developing resource materials, outreach programs, New Student Preview, summer orientation, teaching the Career Planning Class (SDS: 3340) and more!
The Career Center currently offers six other GA Positions including:
- Career Portfolio and First-Year Student Outreach Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
- Garnet and Gold Scholar Society Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
- Event Management Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
- On-Campus Recruiting Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
- Experiential Learning Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
- FAMU-FSU Satellite Office College of Engineering Graduate Assistant (Position Currently Filled)
For more information about these graduate assistantships, contact Leslie Mille , Associate Director.
Career Advisor Graduate Assistants
Career Advisor Graduate Assistants provide career advising to students and community individuals, assist clients in locating career and educational planning information, interpret print and computer career assessment tools, develop skills in planning and conducting outreach presentations on career development topics, and create materials and resources related to career planning and job search topics. Assistantships are only offered to individuals who have completed the career advisor training program on a volunteer basis (usually done in late July and early August, but may have the option of completing this at other times during the year). Career advisors are required to attend a group supervision session once per week. Interested applicants should submit a career advisor application , resume, and cover letter to Dr. Casey Dozier. Applications are typically accepted February - May.
- Classification: Master's or Doctoral
- Majors Preferred: Career Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Higher Ed.
- Hours per week: 10
- Length of appointment: semester-by-semester basis.
Supervisor Contact Information:
V. Casey Dozier, Ph. D., NCC - Program Director, Career Advising, and Counseling
1212 Dunlap Success Center, 100 S. Woodward Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32306-4162
- Office: (850) 644-8315
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Study Positions
The Federal Work-Study is a need-based program that must be applied for by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Contact the FSU Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Student Assistant Opportunities
If you are looking for part-time employment at FSU, the Career Center can offer you a great work environment, flexible scheduling and work-related experience. These opportunities as posted periodically in SeminoleLink.