The best way to prepare for post-graduate opportunities is to participate in a mock interview. The Mock Interview Program allows you to hone your interviewing skills while developing confidence in your ability to deliver strong interview performances. You don't have to be searching for a job or internship to participate in the Mock Interview Program. It is never too early to start working on this essential career development skill!
The Career Center offers phone or virtual mock interviews via Zoom. Mock interviews are conducted by trained Mock Interview Mentors and tailored to your individual occupational area, industry or graduate school interview.
Interviewees should login to NoleNetwork and pull up their appointment request page at least 10 minutes before the start of the interview. Business professional attire is required.
Summer 2020 SIGN UP WILL BEGIN may 13
SPRING 2020 Mock Interviews can be scheduled BETWEEN may 18 - august 2
*Mock interviews must be scheduled AT LEAST 48 hours in advance
*It is strongly recommended you schedule your mock interview early in the semester, slots fill quickly before career events and assignment deadlines
Register for a Mock Interview
How Do I Schedule a Mock Interview?
- Login to your NoleNetwork account: https://fsu-csm.symplicity.com/
- Click Appointments on the left-hand side
- Click “Request New Appointment”
- In the “Type” drop-down, select “Mock Interviews”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Check Availability”
- Upcoming appointments will then appear on the right-hand side of the appointment request window
When filling out the appointment request details, be sure to attach your resume and cover letter as one 2-page document*. If you do not attach your resume and cover letter in one document, your mock interview will be rejected.
*Note: Mock interviews are based on the one page document that includes your resume and cover letter. Mentors will use the company/industry you list and will ask you questions that you might be asked during an actual interview.
Once you click “Submit Request” you will get an email confirmation from the system. When your appointment is approved you will also receive an email.
Locating Your Mock Interview Zoom Link
All mock interviews will be offered via Zoom during the virtual instruction period. After your mock interview is approved, you will receive a separate email which includes the Zoom link for your mock interview appointment.
You must save this email and be able to locate it at the time of your mock interview. It will only be sent once.
- Sender: FSUCareerCenter@csm.symplicity.com
- Subject: IMPORTANT: Mock Interview Zoom Link
- Email Example:
Making Changes to Your Schedule
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line: Mock Interview Change Request
- In the body of the email, be sure to include your full name, the time and date of your scheduled mock interview, and the details you would like to change.
This is also how you can cancel your mock interview.
Mock interviews must be canceled AT LEAST 48 hours in advance by following the work-flow discussed in the above section.
- Any student that does not show up or cancel a mock interview will be blocked from participating in any on-campus interviewing activities until a letter of apology addressed to the Mock Interview Mentor is emailed to the Assistant Director for Mock Interviews.
- Two no-shows or late cancellations within the same semester will result in a permanent loss of ALL on-campus interviewing privileges.
- Documented illness is not considered a no-show; however, an apology letter is still required and should be emailed to email@example.com