LinkedIn Workshop | November 29, 6 - 7 p.m. | Shores Building, Innovation Hub
Learn how to build a LinkedIn profile that will get you noticed! The workshop will be conducted by Kate Herron, Career Liaison to the FSU College of Communication & Information. All majors are welcome!
For a complete list, login to Handshake and view "Events"
Express Workshop Series (part of the ProfessioNole Ready Certificate)
These 15 minute express workshops followed by 15 minutes of Q&A run at 4:00, 4:30 and 5:00 PM. All workshops take place in Strozier 005A. Attending 3 of these workshops counts toward completion of the ProfessioNole Ready Certificate.
- Résumés: Monday, September 10; Tuesday, September 11; Tuesday, November 13
- Right Way to Network: Wednesday, September 12
- Professional Communication: Thursday, September 13; Monday, October 22
- Navigating Career Fairs: Monday, September 17; Wednesday, September 19
- Ace the Interview: Monday, October 1; Wednesday, November 7
- Job Search Strategies: Wednesday, October 3
- Landing an Internship: Monday, October 15; Monday, October 29
- Exploring Graduate School: Thursday, October 18
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace:Tuesday, October 30
The Graduate School Professional Development Series
Intended for current graduate students in any discipline
Business Etiquette and Networking| Wednesday, November 6 | 10:30-11:30|Honors, Scholars & Fellows House, 3009
The basics of business etiquette and the importance of proper etiquette as it relates to interviewing and business situations, with a focus on how to utilize these skills while you’re networking.
Professional Communication & Job Search Strategies | Thursday, November 15| 2:00-3:00|Honors, Scholars & Fellows House, 3009
Learn the importance of excellent oral and written communication skills while examining the do’s and don’ts for emerging professionals on the job hunt.
For more information visit: Professional Development Workshops
Internship Fund Information Sessions
The Internship Fund aims to reduce financial barriers and support students in pursuit of a wide variety of experiential opportunities. These information sessions will cover the Internship Fund application process, review tips on submitting a compelling application, and answer questions. View dates and deadlines.
FSUshadow Information Sessions
FSUshadow connects students with employers, community partners, alumni and friends of the university for one-day shadowing experiences to provide career exposure in a wide variety of fields and industries. Students who attend this information session will learn the steps to apply for FSUshadow, key dates and deadlines, and tips for a successful shadowing experience. View dates and deadlines.
Career Center Student Ambassadors Information Sessions
The Career Center Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer service and leadership experience that provides students the opportunity to serve as representatives of the Career Center. Ambassadors act as a valuable source of information and strengthen the Career Center’s engagement with the FSU community on a peer-to-peer level. View dates and deadlines.
- Tuesday February 26th: 2-3 PM | Dunlap Success Center 2201/2202
- Wednesday, February 27th: 1-2 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Thursday, February 28th: 5:15-6:15 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Friday, March 1st: 9:30-10:30 AM | Dunlap Success Center 2208
- Monday, March 11th: 9:30-10:30 AM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Tuesday, March 12th 11 AM-12 PM | Dunlap Success Center 1006
- Thursday, March 14th: 4:30-5:30 PM | Dunlap Success Center 2208